Headache caused by tensions feels like a mild to moderate pain on forhead , scalp and neck and
are often relived by taking painkillers and paracetamol.
Tension headaches usually occurs when cervical muscles becomes stiff and contracts in
response to stress, workload, any headinjury or anxiety. Adults are more prone to tension
When our neck is in uncomfortable position for long duration it can cause headaches. Some
activities like typing work on laptops , mobiles or any activitiy which keeps our neck flexed may
Other triggers could be –
1) taking lot of caeffine
2) emotional stress
3) viral infections
4) alcohol or smoking habbits
5) ophthal problems
6) dental problems
Several types of tension headaches are as follows
1) Sinus : In this type of headache pain is feel behind the eyebrow bone and cheekbones.
2) Cluster: throbbing pain is feel in and around one eye.
3) tension: pain feels like tight band over the forhead.
4) migraine: pain, nausea and visual changes are typical of classic form.
Painkillers are the first line of treatment for tension headaches.
Common treatment include acetaminophen, NSAIDS
Physical therapy sessions including manual muscle release, dry needling electrical stimulation
modalities may provide relief from headaches.
Tension headache prevention
2) yoga and daily exercises
3) adequate fluid intake
4) correct posture at work
5) limit stress
6) eat balanced and healthy meals