Is it difficult for you to get off the couch? Are you getting shooting leg pain, severe leg cramps which is excruciating?
DEFINITION; – Sciatica is “medical-term” Used for “Nerve-pain” From irritation of “sciatica nerve, anything that irritates this nerve can cause pain ranging from mild to sever.
NOW WHAT IS SCIATIC NERVE❔
Sciatic nerve is a nerve that starts in lower back & travels all the way down to each leg. So, when a person is having sciatica, she/he might feel discomfort almost anywhere along the nerve path.
MYTH;- LBA is the most common scenario in this advance world of computerization. So many of us get confusesciatica with other mechanical painin that localized area.
KNOW IF YOU HAVE SCIATICA: –
If you have sciatica your: -1. buttock2. outer part of thighs & legs, 3. feet&toes .
- Persistent pain in just one or both limbs(pain may be stabbing, burning or shooting.
- Difficulty in walking, standing up straight, worsen upon sitting.
- Discomfort that comes & go.
- Constant dull ache.
- Rarely it can affect in both legs together, pain alternating between right & left leg is also possible.
- Symptoms may be worsened when moving, sneezing or coughing.
- You may have back pain, but this is not usually as bad as pain in your bottom, legs or feet.
When to seek medical emergency; –
- It’s quite rare, but in case if you have severe & sudden increase in sciatica pain.
- Loss of bowel bladder control.
- Sciatica pain accompanied by fever, nausea, weight loss.
These symptoms can indicate serious underlying conditions. There
- Usually caused by compressed nerve in the lower spine.
- Other potential cause: degeneration of disc, infection, injury, arthritis, etc around lumberspine region.
- Mechanical cause :-
- weight lifting during gym exercise or frequent lifting in day to day lifeespecially while bending & twisting.
- Prolong Driving including vibration of whole body. (Jerking movement)
3.prolong sitting with wallet on the back pocket& cross leg sitting.
- Pain relief & protection with hot & cold fermentation.
- Inflammation control with Ultrasound, antiinflammation tropical gel.
- Ones the pain subsides stretching&strengthening exercise of back & core muscles has to be started.
- Hydrotherapy exercise are beneficial in early injury.
-stay active in day to day life.
-take regular basic exercise for back & core.
-use safe techniques when lifting heavy objects.
-make sure you have good posture while sitting, standing.
-lose weight if you’ve overweight.
-can take social help/care or support.
-Avoid prolong siting or standing.
-Do not smoke: can increase the risk of getting sciatica.
– Do not sit on your wallet or cross legs.
– Avoid sedentary lifestyle.
- Hot & cold pack for pain relief
- Self stretching:
- Maintain proper sitting position during computer work as well as in driving.
There are various advanced techniques available these days which gives a better and complete recovery from the ailment. As compared to with the conventional and traditional treatments which are available with most of the therapist, these new techniques give the best results in the long run.
In these treatments, we work on the muscles and fascia. Basically, whenever there is pain, inflammation, injury, postural imbalance, due to overstretching or over-contraction etc. result in taught band formation known as trigger points. These points are basically reducing the length of the muscle which impairs the joint function and ROM. Every muscle has a trigger point patter. We are working on the faulty biomechanics by releasing these trigger points. Releasing the trigger points results restoring the normal biomechanics, with normal ROM and joint function.
These techniques include:
- Soft tissue release: This helps in restoring the length of the muscle, by releasing the trigger points with various techniques like myofascial release, IASTM, Ischemic compression, Active release technique, passive release technique, Positional release technique and muscle energy technique.
- Dry Needling: In this technique, we insert thin filament needles in the trigger points of the muscles to break them resulting in muscle relaxation, only after having a thorough knowledge of anatomical structures.
- Deep tissue Release: there are many advanced techniques, which includes massage strokes, and are modifies to address specific conditions like cramps, strains, light, muscular and joint stiffness or breakdown of adhesions and bad scars. This stand alone in the form of tissue treatment, if therapist wants to target deeper muscles or to increase range of motion at any joint using basic but very specific techniques of compression and stretching of the muscles. This is applied by the therapist to treat patients.
- Joint mobilizations: These techniques help in restoring the normal joint ROM by giving graded oscillations to the joints. We use the latest 3-d mobilization technique known as KKMT which gives very fast results to restore the movement by correcting the altered biomechanics.
- Lymphatic Drainage: Our body tends to accumulate extracellular fluid, in cause tissue trauma and lymphoedema is a common condition when the lymph nodes are excised due to which the lymphatic fluid accumulates. This can be drained by lymphatic drainage to release the pressure in the tissues and also helps in increasing the blood circulation.
- Taping: We use various tapes and techniques to apply it. We use Kinesio tape, rigid tape, semi- elastic etc. Taping helps in restoring the function of the muscle, supporting the structure involved, and restricting the joint or the muscle movement.
Painfree Zone, Faridabad