Cardiorespiratory physiotherapy is specialized area of physiotherapy and rehabilitation of diseases and injuries in the heart and lungs like post cardiac or respiratory surgery, prolonged illness, shortness of breath, persistent cough, increased work of breathing or the reduced ability to exercise.
Common cardiorespiratory conditions include:
- Manual therapy
- Soft tissue mobilization
- Dry needling
- Therapeutic taping
- Instrument assisted soft tissue mobilisation
- Exercise therapy
Benefits of musculoskeletal physiotherapy -
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD)
- Congestive Cardiac Failure (CCF)
- Heart Attack (MI)
- Heart or lung injury or surgery
- Peripheral Vascular Disease
- Respiratory Infections, i.e. Pneumonia
Depending on your condition, your physiotherapy treatment may include:
- Deep Breathing Exercise, manual therapy techniques to improve chest expansion.
- Percussion to loosen up secretions and clear the lungs.
- Coughing and Breathing techniques .
- Exercises to prevent respiratory and vascular complications .
- Mobility Assistance and improve independence.
At home you can get customized cardiorespiratory physiotherapy for your condition so as to :
- Clear the airways and remove secretions
- Promoting easy and comfortable breathing
- Improve mobility and functional independence